Adoption PoliciesEnsuring Forever Homes
PittieLove Rescue, Inc. works diligently to carefully place all of our dogs into loving homes where they will experience the affection and kindness that has been so sorely absent from their lives. All adoption policies are not meant to be discriminatory in nature and are only in place to reinforce that our dogs will truly have found their forever homes.
One of the biggest contributors to the plight of the pit bull is a lack of commitment by owners. Pit bulls live about 12-14 years. Much can change in your life in that amount of time, so it is important to be sure you are considering your new dog as a member of the family who will be with you through thick and thin.
Our Adoption Donation includes spay/neuter, microchip, testing for heartworm and tick-borne illnesses, and vaccinations. All of our pit bulls will be spayed/neutered, microchipped, and up-to-date on vaccines and heartworm prevention prior to adoption.
- All of our pit bulls will be placed as only dogs or with a compatible dog of the opposite sex.
- All adopters must be at least 21 years of age.
- All adopters must own their home.
- A home visit is required as part of our application process.
- Personal and veterinary references are required.
- Proof of training will be required for all puppies adopted under the age of 6 months.
Please note that exceptions to some adoption policies may be made on a case-by-case basis.
Please contact us for more information.
Learn all about the PittieLove adoption process
Ways to Help
PittieLove Rescue is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, volunteer-operated organization which means that 100% of the funds donated go directly to the pit bulls in our care. All donations are tax deductible.
We’re grateful for any amount we receive and sincerely appreciate your support!